Tuesday 23 February 2016

Apple -banana smoothie


Smoothies are always welcome .Fortunately my kids are crazy for yogurt,so smoothies are a better option to to make them enjoy their milk in disguise .Smoothies come as a saviour especially for the morning rush hours where you shall spot me running a marathon to and fro towards the kitchen and the kids bed room .Though I make every arrangement at night before winding up to sleep, to avoid the hustle and bustle mornings .




My naughty prince  recalls in the morning that he has to take some pictures as part of a project or 'Mom , I forgot my colour pencils or eraser on the table or lost in the class ",making my situation tougher. My house resembles a training camp for the soldiers preparing for the war!!!!  (heee).   Amidst all these chaos breakfast is the one which gets neglected.Early morning at 5:am kids are in sleepy mood and feel like avoiding breakfast.Then smoothie comes to rescue just blitz it serve it in disposable glass so that they can gulp it down on their way to catch the bus.

Smoothies are ideal for the 4 pm hunger pangs when you reach out for a cookie or a toast to satisfy your growling tummy.More over to increase the nutritive value of smoothie I have added a teaspoon of flax seed powder .Just make sure the yogurt you are using is sweet or else you shall end up with adding more sugar that Will ruin the nutrition of the smoothie.Next time when you reach out for a pack of chips do consider this fortified smoothie.







Here's how I made it .....

Preparation time:10 minutes 
serves:2

Ingredients

  • 1 cup - milk
  • 1 cup -yogurt
  • 1 -apple
  • 1-banana
  • sugar or honey to taste
  • 1 tsp -flax seed powder
  • a pinch of cinnamon 

Procedure

  • Peel and  roughly chop the fruits.
  • Add all the ingredients to the blender and blitz until smooth.
  • Serve chilled or as desired. 



I leave you with this random click ,until next time.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...